It is now coming up to the 4 years mark since the LMC launched its HR service to support Practices across the catchment area in managing employment issues in the workplace. During that period we have helped Practices with over 1000 practical queries and have provided a number of bespoke training events to assist in guiding Practice Managers through operational problems in areas such as discipline, grievance, sickness management and performance management.
These services are delivered via a dedicated team operating within the LMC framework.
The service offered incorporates a spectrum of support from providing template HR policies and procedures and other contractual documentation to a dedicated office base HR helpline via email or telephone, to professional advice on complex employment law issues provided by our experienced HR team, including a presence as appropriate at face to face meetings, to access specialist legal advice in the most complex employment law cases up to and including preparation of any potential employment tribunal cases.
All the services listed above are provided free of charge to practices, unlike other providers of HR advice, which means no long term contractual commitments.
In addition to the free service we are also able to offer access, for a relatively small fee, to the AXA Employment Practice Liability Insurance Policy.
Patrick Rushton on: – +44 (0) 20 7413 0999 or email Patrick.Rushton@lucasfettes.co.uk
If you would like to join the policy then the costs are as follows:-
- Up to 4000 patients – £200 (exc Insurance Premium Tax)
- 4000 -8000 patients – £300 (exc Insurance Premium Tax)
- 8000 -10,000 patients – £400 (exc Insurance Premium Tax)
- 10,000 & above – £500 (exc Insurance Premium Tax)
Costs are paid on an annual renewal basis.
Scope of the service
We feel the service provided offers a unique and accessible advisory support in which key features are:
- A wealth of operational HR experience in health related services
- For each issue referred dedicated advice and support from a designated HR advisor
- Flexible access by arrangement
- For more complex cases, professional employment law advice is provided to us from a firm of specialist solicitors.
- Employment Law queries with practices in relation to day to day operation staff management.
- Training and development in areas of Employment Law and Practice.
- Strategic support in relation to Organisational Development, mergers etc.