- Britlofex (lofexidine) tablet shortageBritlofex (lofexidine) tablet shortage
Please see the following message from the Department of Health and Social Care about a shortage affecting lofexidine tablets:
Britannia will no longer be supplying Britlofex (lofexidine) tablets from the end of May, as all stock they have on hand is due to expire at the end of this month (see attached company letter). Read more now…
- Practices to re-register for the LMC Buying GroupPractices to re-register for the LMC Buying Group
We have been informed by the LMC Buying group that a number of practices have not re-registered as requested. In order to remain a member and continue to receive the benefits you need to re-register due to the introduction of GDPR.
- GDPR Update
- Important New Measures to Reduce Risks of Valproate in PregnancyImportant New Measures to Reduce Risks of Valproate in Pregnancy
The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has changed the licence for valproate medicines (Epilim, Depakote and generic brands), in that they are contraindicated and must no longer be prescribed to women or girls of childbearing potential unless they are on the pregnancy prevention programme (PPP). Read more now…
For Sessional GPs
|This area will provide an opportunity
for Locum GPs to view correspondence which is currently being made available to all GPs.
Dr Preeti Shukla – your representative for Sessional GPs on the BMA Sessional GP Subcommittee. Read more…
GP Support Scheme
General Practice is stressful, and at times we may all need support and help. The LMC have trained GP mentors who provide confidential support for local GPs.
Are you suffering from:
Latest Blogs and insights direct from Lancs & Cumbria LMCs staff and guest bloggers.
Lancashire & Cumbria LMC Chief Executive BlogRead more...
- Field Safety Notice - 14 to 18 May 2018 : - May 24, 2018
- Home use and Point of Care blood glucose monitoring system: Accu-Chek Aviva, Accu-Chek Performa and Accu-Chek Inform II test strips – risk of strip error messages and false high and low blood glucose results : - May 18, 2018
- Unlicensed Medicine Phenytoin 90mg/5ml Oral Suspension - company led recall : - May 16, 2018