- Extension of NHS England Winter Indemnity SchemeExtension of NHS England Winter Indemnity Scheme
As you may already be aware, NHS England’s Winter Indemnity Scheme has been extended and will now run until Sunday 30th April 2017. GPC representatives had previously called on NHS England to extend the 31st March deadline to cover the Easter period.
- Ongoing Issues with NHSPSOngoing Issues with NHSPS
The BMA are aware of ongoing issues that practices are experiencing with NHSPS and are taking action to resolve these issues nationally. A recent communication from the BMA to practices is available here.
Also, NHSPS has confirmed that debt recovery letters were sent out in error by SBS recently and that practices should ignore these letters.
- BMA Firearms update – March 2017- New GuidanceBMA Firearms update – March 2017- New Guidance
From 1 April 2016 new information sharing processes between GPs and the police were introduced in an attempt to ensure those licensed to possess firearm and shotgun certificates are medically fit to carry arms. There have been significant concerns about these arrangements and nationally, BMA GPC continues to raise them with the Home Office with the aim of agreeing a process that is fair to GPs and safe for the wider public.
- Access to Medical Records for Insurance PurposesAccess to Medical Records for Insurance Purposes
Some insurance companies were obtaining full medical records through the use of SARs rather than asking for a report from the applicant’s GP, as previously agreed with the ABI (Association of British Insurers). This matter was raised to the ICO by the BMA as there were concerns that this practice was potentially a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998. Read more now…
For Sessional GPs
|This area will provide an opportunity
for Locum GPs to view correspondence which is currently being made available to all GPs.
Dr Preeti Shukla – your representative for Sessional GPs on the BMA Sessional GP Subcommittee. Read more…
GP Support Scheme
General Practice is stressful, and at times we may all need support and help. The LMC have trained GP mentors who provide confidential support for local GPs.
Are you suffering from:
Latest Blogs and insights direct from Lancs & Cumbria LMCs staff and guest bloggers.
Lancashire & Cumbria LMC Chief Executive BlogRead more...
- PT 156 Warning - Methadone QTc Prolongation And Potential Drug Interactions : - March 24, 2017
- SGLT2 inhibitors: updated advice on increased risk of lower-limb amputation (mainly toes) : - March 23, 2017
- Launch of pilot reporting scheme for harms associated with illicit drugs, particularly new psychoactive substances : - March 23, 2017