- QOF / GPES and enhanced service payments – Potential delaysQOF / GPES and enhanced service payments – Potential delays
We have been made aware that there is a delay in the timings of GPES contract extractions for enhanced services this year, due to the Easter bank holiday. There is potential for this to affect the payments run.
NHSE are trying to minimise the impact that this has on practice cash flow, so are looking to time payment run to ensure those with the highest value are done first. Read more now…
- DoLS no longer a death ‘in state detention’ from 3rd April 2017DoLS no longer a death ‘in state detention’ from 3rd April 2017
From Monday 3rd April 2017, the Coroners and Justice Act 2009 will be amended so that people subject to authorisations under DoLS will no longer be considered to be ‘otherwise in state detention’ for the purposes of Section 1 of the Coroners and Justice Act 2009. This means that coroners will no longer be under a duty to investigate a death solely because a DoLS authorisation was in place. Read more now…
- Extension of NHS England Winter Indemnity SchemeExtension of NHS England Winter Indemnity Scheme
As you may already be aware, NHS England’s Winter Indemnity Scheme has been extended and will now run until Sunday 30th April 2017. GPC representatives had previously called on NHS England to extend the 31st March deadline to cover the Easter period.
- Ongoing Issues with NHSPSOngoing Issues with NHSPS
The BMA are aware of ongoing issues that practices are experiencing with NHSPS and are taking action to resolve these issues nationally. A recent communication from the BMA to practices is available here.
Also, NHSPS has confirmed that debt recovery letters were sent out in error by SBS recently and that practices should ignore these letters.
For Sessional GPs
|This area will provide an opportunity
for Locum GPs to view correspondence which is currently being made available to all GPs.
Dr Preeti Shukla – your representative for Sessional GPs on the BMA Sessional GP Subcommittee. Read more…
GP Support Scheme
General Practice is stressful, and at times we may all need support and help. The LMC have trained GP mentors who provide confidential support for local GPs.
Are you suffering from:
Latest Blogs and insights direct from Lancs & Cumbria LMCs staff and guest bloggers.
Lancashire & Cumbria LMC Chief Executive BlogRead more...
- PT 156 Warning - Methadone QTc Prolongation And Potential Drug Interactions : - March 24, 2017
- SGLT2 inhibitors: updated advice on increased risk of lower-limb amputation (mainly toes) : - March 23, 2017
- Launch of pilot reporting scheme for harms associated with illicit drugs, particularly new psychoactive substances : - March 23, 2017